Parent Involvement Coordinator - Welcome to Hettie Halstead Elementary!
My name is Sandra Ziehlke, and I am excited to be returning as your Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator here at Halstead Elementary.
- I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. Moved to Copperas Cove in 2000. I am married and have two sons. My oldest is a 2015 Graduate of Copperas Cove High School and my youngest is a Sophomore at Copperas Cove High School. My family and I truly love this community and look forward to spending the rest of our lives here.
- I have been associated with Halstead since 2001. Both my sons attended Halstead from Pre-K to 5th grade. I volunteered for many years here at Halstead and got involved with PTO and served as the PTO President for 2 years. I then became a substitute teacher here at Halstead. So back in 2008, I decided to get my Paraprofessional Certification and in 2009, I was happy to become part of the Halstead family as a Pre-K Aide, and now, I start my 4th year as the Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator. I couldn't be happier.
- I look forward to working with you as a team to make your child successful. I hope to encourage parents to get involved in their students education by coming to the school and communicating with Halstead's staff and teachers. We will be offering parent led training along with other family functions that we hope you will be able to attend. I rely on and seek feedback and suggestions regarding services I provide from the parents and volunteers.
My door is always open to you and would love to visit with you at your convenience.
What is a Parent Liaison?
Definition of a Parent Liaison is to increase and improve parent/family and community involvement. The parent liaison will educate parents and provide information in order to encourage communication with parents/families and the community.
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between the school and the parent/families of the school.
- Deliver training to the parent's and community.
- Attend monthly school and community meetings.
- Make personal contact with parents to encourage parental engagement.
- Provide information to parents/families in order to improve home-school communication.
- Work with the principal to investigate complaints from parents/families and the community.